ADA Accessibility Information



Signs You Need an Oral Surgeon to Handle Your Abscess

Posted on 7/23/2017 by administrative
Contact Huronia Oral Surgery Group if you think you have a dental abscess.
There are two main types of dental abscesses. There is the kind that starts within the pulp of your tooth, and the kind that starts in the tissues that surround the tooth. Both of them can be dangerous, and need to be addressed as soon as you believe you have a problem. There are specific signs that point to needing an oral surgeon over just a general dentist. If you are struggling with any of these signs, you may want to call your oral surgeon before you even call your dentist.

Signs You Need to Contact Your Oral Surgeon to Handle Your Abscess

When you get a dental abscess, it is an infection of your mouth. It can be around the tooth, or even inside the tooth. If you notice that you have a sore tooth that suddenly becomes loose, you need to go in and get checked by your oral surgeon. If your mouth goes from being a little sore to severely painful, over a short period of time, you need to go in and get checked out. Your oral surgeon may need to pull the tooth if the infection made the tooth unable to be saved, or they may need to perform a root canal quickly to save the tooth.

If you do not go in and get your abscess addressed quickly, a lot of bad things can happen. You could get a sinus infection, an infection in one of the nearby bones, a clot in your brain from the infection, or even an infection that spreads throughout the head and is incredibly difficult to treat. It is never worth the risk. Take the time to keep up with your dental care, and talk to your oral surgeon at the first sign of an abscess. It just isn't worth the risk. If you have any questions, or if you would like to learn more, please call us today at 705-302-0357.

Copyright © 2015-2019 Huronia Oral Surgery Group and WEO MEDIA. All rights reserved.  Sitemap | Links | Login